a little late with the formalities

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redpale

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Tim - I live in Milford CT, and seeing the latest posts here from fellow 'nutmeggers' I had to chime in.

I found this forum a couple of weeks ago when I had a specific problem with the first brew I've tried in over ten years (seems to be a recurring theme here in CT - ten or more year absence and all of a sudden, BAM! it bites again. Must be something in the water ;)

Have a couple batches in various stages now - extract and grain (keeping it simple for now) and have been reading here a lot. Amazing the number of things I've found already that I would not have even thought to ask (and one that I'm glad I didn't!... for all you EAC's out there :D )

Looking forward to more reading - more beer- and maybe helping if it's something reeeally simple that I've been through or know about.

Welcome to the forum.:mug:
You are right. There are a lot of people joining lately who have had an extended break from home brewing. Do you think the hobby has changed over the ten years?

RichBrewer said:
There are a lot of people joining lately who have had an extended break from home brewing. Do you think the hobby has changed over the ten years?

I'm sure it has- but beyond my ability to fully appreciate. I think extract brewing has remained simple enough - maybe with more availability and selection of ingredients thru internet suppliers. Information has gotten a ton better with forums such as this one too.

I think more than the hobby changing, the return from a long period from absence has a lot to do with personal circumstances. Lives are a little more settled, kids are older or gone (maybe finances and discretionary time are a little more abundant).

It's all good :mug:

Thanks for the welcome - looking forward to a lot of reading and info.

I'm drinking a HB right now as a matter of fact... what,... it's after noon.....

Back