My first run with my all electric brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a lil past5 minutes into the video,& it stopped & zapped to the end. Was lookin pretty decent up to that point though.

Thanks. Sorry about the length. I wanted to make sure I covered most of the process.

I'm planning an electric brew setup in the future and was wondering how well the Bayou Classic pots hold up against the Boilmaker? I plan on using the Boilmaker as my mash tun, but it would be cheaper to get a Bayou Classic for my HLT and Boilkettle and do my own plumbing like your setup. Are the Bayou Classics as robust and sturdy as the Boilmaker?

I'm planning an electric brew setup in the future and was wondering how well the Bayou Classic pots hold up against the Boilmaker? I plan on using the Boilmaker as my mash tun, but it would be cheaper to get a Bayou Classic for my HLT and Boilkettle and do my own plumbing like your setup. Are the Bayou Classics as robust and sturdy as the Boilmaker?
The bayou classic pots are great for their price but they are not as robust as the boilmaker kettles. If price is an issue go with the bayou classic kettles. They are still a great stainless steel pot and drill easier than the heavy duty kettles. I have used my bayou classic boil kettle for almost 4 years now. The boilmaker makes a great mash tun because it is thicker and holds the heat better. Also the boilmaker false bottom allows for recirculation with the valves wide open. But, I have heard great things from the bayou classic mash tun. Check it out in their online catalog here http://thebayou.com/Pages/Print_files/Catalog(2013)%20Email.pdf
Good luck with your build

Back