A Hanukkah Present - Hoping for New Hobby!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stigy

Reaction score
Hello All!

Last night I received a Mr. Beer homebrew kit for Hanukkah and I am extremely, extremely excited to start brewing. I plan on starting the process tonight when I get home from work. I bought myself some bottles from the website as my kit didn't come with it, but I will be using the "Classic American Light" recipe that came with the kit.

So far I have read the instructions that come with the kit as well as some threads around here this morning before I even thought about starting. I think I have a good understanding of what needs to be done.

It seems the three biggest factors in brewing are sanitizing, timing & patience (hopefully the last one I can help myself with).

Any other links or recommendations of good reads I should check out before I start this exciting process?

Thanks again and I look forward to reading some great stuff around these parts!

Welcome! The book "How to Brew" is one of the best. The first edition is online for free (howtobrew.com), or you can buy the most recent in stores.

Patience is the toughest factor, you've got that right. Even for experienced brewers. The general cure is just to brew more batches!

I want to have Hanukkah at your place…and I don’t even celebrate Hanukkah!!

Welcome!

Yes, How to Brew is probably the best single volume. At this point, it’s overkill for your first Mr. Beer batch. Follow the directions on that and you should be fine.

Here she sits on the top shelf of my closet - fermenting away. Now I need to be patient. Going to check it at 2 weeks then see if it needs that extra week.

a8080bde433e11e2bbaa22000a1fb198_7.jpg

Back