A Brit in Japan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you can homebrew in Japan. I assume you can make mead and wine in Japan as well.

I do not know anything about getting fresh ingredients for mead and wine in Japan.

If you want good beer, look for Baird's beer. Brewed in Japan by people know and love beet.

I know you can homebrew in Japan. I assume you can make mead and wine in Japan as well.

I do not know anything about getting fresh ingredients for mead and wine in Japan.

If you want good beer, look for Baird's beer. Brewed in Japan by people know and love beet.
Trying to get all the equipment together to get started. I'll look into Baird's beer thanks for the information.

Check out Shochu. Which is more popular as a daily drink for many (most?) Japanese men.

And the Japanese brands of whisky can compare to what the rest of the world can offer.

@JoRoEl
I wouldn't tackle it myself from the off watched a few videos and documentaries and it looks quite labour intensive, hence I'd find a sake brewer that you could go and watch their process and then swap for beer.
There are some beers made with Sake ingredients I'll try and work out where I saw that and forward it.

I can imagine brewing in Japan could be difficult to get ingredients and $$$, I didnt bother while I lived there. But a good liquor store to get international beer/wine/whiskey is Yamaya or DonQuiote

Latest posts

Back