7-11 Slurpee... In a Keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theheadsn

Reaction score
Here's a crazy thought I had.

Are you able to keg a Slurpee from 7-11?

When 7-11 does those "bring your own cup" days, I always wondered if I could grab my 2.5 gallon corny keg and just fill it up. Would hooking it up to co2 and the tap actually work? Has anyone actually done this? Am I just crazy? lol

Thanks again

I don't think it would stay frozen. If you kept it in the keg below freezing, it would probably freeze solid without the auger constantly stirring it. Also, 7-Eleven might frown on a 2.5 gallon keg fill.

Good point, forgot how they continuously spin the stuff. Sounded like an awesome Idea at the time haha

I accidentally created a slurpee. I had been pouring applesauce over frozen blueberries for a great dessert. Then I wanted more instant gratification by pouring my fermented crangrape over the berries to bring them faster to the perfect half-defrosted state (they became encrusted with a tasty coating of juice).

Finally the store was out of cran-anything and I had to get welshes (purple) grape juice which ferments with a ton of thick foam. I mean pouring a glass will stay 80% foam for a loooong time. I poured it over the berries and the foam froze in a slushy way. I stirred and virtually all the liquid becomes spoonable slushy made from wholesome rather than 7-11 crap slurpee ingredients. The foam is too aerated to thaw out the berries for a long time, so fails on that level.

Note, foam created by putting tablespoon of bread yeast into a small half gallon original bottle and sealing for a few hours until it almost bursts (then refrig).

Latest posts

Back