5 gallon to 3 gallon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voorhees

Reaction score
time to show my face!?

I have build a system that so so follow Karps ( post the pics sooon) I am trying to dum down 5 gal to 3 gal recipe. Let's say we had 6LBS of 2 row malt the formula for this would be [6lbsX3/5]:confused: Thanks

time to show my face!?

I have build a system that so so follow Karps ( post the pics sooon) I am trying to dum down 5 gal to 3 gal recipe. Let's say we had 6LBS of 2 row malt the formula for this would be [6lbsX3/5]:confused: Thanks

I drink, so I'm a bit slow. But I think you're asking how to make a 3 gallon recipe out of 5 gallon recipe? Yes, a 3/5 conversion would work. You may have a very small difference in hops utilization, but not enough to worry about.

I'm lazy, though, so I'd probably just do a 2.5 gallon recipe and allow .5 gallon headspace in my three gallon carboy. Math isn't my strong suit. :D

I drink, so I'm a bit slow. But I think you're asking how to make a 3 gallon recipe out of 5 gallon recipe? Yes, a 3/5 conversion would work. You may have a very small difference in hops utilization, but not enough to worry about.

I'm lazy, though, so I'd probably just do a 2.5 gallon recipe and allow .5 gallon headspace in my three gallon carboy. Math isn't my strong suit. :D

Sweeet, Thanks, I am new to all gain. So i am banging my way thru it!!! Oh by the i am have a brew too....... one from somehere in Ponderay, ID from a dog that laughs alot (A.K.A: C.S.B):tank:

Try using Beersmith. This will help you scale down 5 gallon recipes to 3 gallons. Free to try for 21 days or so. The purchase price at that point is totally worth it.

And welcome!

Back