4.75 gallon Corny Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dtrain44

Reaction score
Does anyone know of where I can get a 4.75 gallon corny? I'm a little short on head space in my chest freezer and need the extra headspace. Thanks

Nope. 3 gal &2.5 . You may be able to cut some off the bottom on a corny, I have never tried it. Most people just build up the top with 2+4s or 2+6s and hinge the lid to those. Bigger freezer? Look around HBT, search keezer builds for ideas, or DIY projects forum. Welcome to HBT, Cheers.

Aren't pin lock kegs shorter than ball lock kegs? In a pinch, you could replace the posts on a pin lock to make it into a ball lock.

I've gone to using the stainless QD's on my kegs, since they have the hose connections at a 90 degree angle relative to the post. This means less head space needed. I also use the 2.5 and 3 gallon kegs in my brew fridge (allows me to have four inside, on two levels).

BTW, looks like pin lock kegs are about 3" shorter and 1" wider/larger diameter, compared with ball lock kegs.

Back