3Brothers Introduction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3Brothers

Reaction score
Hey, Just found this site and cant wait to meet others passionate about making wine. My name is John, and my 2 other brothers are Sean and Aaron. Together we plan on making Blackberry and Mulberry wine year round, for personal consumption, utilizing frozen and fresh berries as well as canned stock from wine stores.

This will be our first attempt at making homemade wine and as a result, I have been doing alot of research. One of my main references has been "The Home Winemakers Manual" by Lum Eisenman. It is a compilation of information from many different wine and wine making books and references. It gets a little deep in some areas so Ive been trying to weed out some of the more technical information surrounding "grape" wine and focus more on "berry" wine techniques.

I hope that in the future this website can be an additional source of quality information for me, and perhaps I too can help someone else someday.
Additionally, If there is anyone here who reads this and has a particular nack for berry wine making, please let me know, Id like to pick your brain a little.

Hi John, welcome to HBT!
I'm not an expert on wine but we do have some experts and I'm sure they will jump in if you have any questions. One of our moderators, Yopper, is one of our wine experts and IMHO, the best. Yopper also has lots of recipes on the database you might want to check out.

On a different note, I kind of hope you aren't just going to limit yourselves to wines. We have mead and cider forums too (and, of course, lots about beer). All are really fun to make and you'll get lots of help, advice, and friendly chat.

Do you have your equipment yet? Made any wine? Give us the scoop about your adventures so far!

Thank you for the reply. As for strictly making wine, absolutley not, I plan on using wine as a stepping stone to making just about anything I enjoy consuming from drinks to food products. IMO there is nothing more satisfying than consuming something that you made yourself. As of yet, 3Brothers has yet to purchase any supplies, nor have we made any wine in the past. Cant wait to get started.

Welcome to the most addicting hobby you will ever find. You have ALOT of options for wine brewing, either if its grape, a different fruit, or something crazy (google army worm wine if you wanna be stunned hehehe) And of course, +1 on yooper being a great source of knowledge.

good luck in all your ventures.

Welcome John. I know what you mean about enjoying consumables that were produced by your own efforts. I've been making wine and mead for several years, as well as roasting and grinding my own coffee. I recently started brewing my own beer and the thing is, you can make the products you enjoy and not have to settle for what someone else thinks you might like.

I've made many blackberry wines and meads and made my first mulberry mead last summer and both have the potential for great wines. Good luck!

Back