35 years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveruch

Reaction score
Best move I ever made.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220905-091157.png
    Screenshot_20220905-091157.png
    515.6 KB · Views: 0
We're at 57. A very easy to remember date: 8/7/65.
8:7:65.png

For those of you old enough to remember: yes, I was wearing my ROTC shoes, the only leather, lace-tied shoes I owned at the time. Provided by Uncle Sam when I became a freshman at a land-grant university, and, as far as I remember, unused between the end of sophomore year and my wedding a couple of years later.

Last edited:
We're at 57. A very easy to remember date: 8/7/65.
View attachment 783561
For those of you old enough to remember: yes, I was wearing my ROTC shoes, the only leather, lace-tied shoes I owned at the time. Provided by Uncle Sam when I became a freshman at a land-grant university, and, as far as I remember, unused between the end of sophomore year and my wedding a couple of years later.

At least those shoes still fit. The USMC issued me a dress uniform after boot camp ("blues") that I wore to the USMC ball a few times, then I went into a "growth spurt". No amount of tailoring will get me back into that outfit haha.

At least those shoes still fit. The USMC issued me a dress uniform after boot camp ("blues") that I wore to the USMC ball a few times, then I went into a "growth spurt". No amount of tailoring will get me back into that outfit haha.
Happens to to the best of us. I figured I'd be buried in my Dress Blues some day, but that ain't happening without some major alterations.

Heck, I can't even zip up my old flight suits (aka, "zoom bags"), and those things are almost infinitely adjustable with changing girth, thanks to Velcro.

I think the newer generation of married couples find it way harder to keep the marriage alive. Kudos to all of you for decades of marriages still going.

Life is short and we only get one shot at it. I still find it amazing that someone was willing to spend her one shot with me. I've been married 20 years and going strong. You guys who have been married longer are blessed to find a woman to stand by you all those years. Congrats @Steveruch.

We celebrated 21 years in August, our wedding was about 6 weeks before the attacks on 9/11. To me, memories from before those events, including our wedding, are somehow tinted a different shade than all of those since. Almost as if the rose-colored glasses were suddenly torn away and lost forever.

Back