3 years of patience lost in 5 minutes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dig down, trim some rhizomes before you leave. Leave the rest behind. Hops are/can be quite invasive. Just be confident in knowing that he will be fighting them for years to come. I would also just let him know upon doing your outgoing checksheet/walkthrough that you had put quite a bit of time and effort into all the plants in your garden including the bines you had trained in the back yard/alley. If he is a decent person he should apologize and maybe offer to pay for some new rhizomes or the like. Otherwise, do not do anything destructive. Do not do anything that he can become a bad reference for you with.

But for the next few spring/summers collect all the cotton ball dandylion heads you can find in a bag and scatter them over his yard. Maybe add a few crab grass clippings. Then when they start sprouting report him to the HOA.

Dig down, trim some rhizomes before you leave. Leave the rest behind. Hops are/can be quite invasive... Do not do anything that he can become a bad reference for you with.

But for the next few spring/summers collect all the cotton ball dandylion heads you can find in a bag and scatter them over his yard. Maybe add a few crab grass clippings. Then when they start sprouting report him to the HOA.

Yeah, I know this is just internet dick waving, but I can't help myself because someone might be stupid enough to follow this advice.

Don't do anything you might regret, but behave like a little b!tch.

The problem with being an Internet tough guy is that you run the very real risk of bumping into a genuine hard iron pipe hitting mf'er who just might be crazy enough to to seriously f you up for some real or imagined slight. I know these kind of people. I've known them throughout my life as a Marine. Anyone who has lived in that environment knows what I'm saying. You can't reason with them, you can't apologize, all you can do is lay there and bleed.

You have to decide if this is a hill worth dying on. Are you prepared to be walking to your car one morning and catching a bullet in the head for this?

Yeah, I know this is just internet dick waving, but I can't help myself because someone might be stupid enough to follow this advice.

Don't do anything you might regret, but behave like a little b!tch.

The problem with being an Internet tough guy is that you run the very real risk of bumping into a genuine hard iron pipe hitting mf'er who just might be crazy enough to to seriously f you up for some real or imagined slight. I know these kind of people. I've known them throughout my life as a Marine. Anyone who has lived in that environment knows what I'm saying. You can't reason with them, you can't apologize, all you can do is lay there and bleed.

You have to decide if this is a hill worth dying on. Are you prepared to be walking to your car one morning and catching a bullet in the head for this?

True, choose your battles. The second paragraph fragment was supposed to be a joke. I find that you can get far further in life by being the calm collected one. People never know how to handle someone who is always rational and calm and explains that something not cool has happened and that it disappointed you. You can win more battles that way. Pettiness and doing things to get people is not helpful. But you can imagine doing so and get a chuckle out of it to make yourself feel better.

I would collect some of the current root ball, especially if the bines are gone. They should be pretty healthy and you can keep them in the fridge over the winter (or ask him if you can return in the spring to steal some when the ground starts to thaw. He probably will battle any that is left behind and that should be consolation enough to any petty side.

Back