3 brews in and Im getting the hang of it ... intro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BioHopology

Reaction score
Well, thanks for everyone's help from this forum. It has helped me a great deal! I'm Mike...and I'm a HOMBREWER! :ban: I received my first kit in the mail for $32 ..living social deal from Midwest Supplies and brewed a Irish red ale. The mistake from that one is the "curse of 1.020". Everyone says it taste great...but I think it is just ..... o k. So, I went to the LHBS to but $70 worth of toys ; ). -still in the bottle.

2nd brew, APA and added orange peel And cilantro thinking May 5 ... Cinco de Mayo. Probably would have turned out ok if I didn't "dry pepper" the 6 slices of vinegar based jalapeños to the secondary. After my drunken mistake...I kicked myself in the Ass for the next day until driving home and racking immediately ... and 0.03 shy of needed fg. -still in the bottle

I wised up and made a sweetwater 420 clone the an additional hop every 15 min during the boil... with Ca pale ale yeast and wondering if I should dry hop - it is in the primary now. Everything has been LME and the SW420 was DME .

Again, thank you for all your help and support...

Mike

Of course you should dry hop. You don't seem scared of stepping a little outside the recipe specs.

I looked up the beer having never tried it, and they quote centennial and cascade hops. Go for an oz of each.

Be warned, dry hopping is addictive and you may not be able to stop.

Back