2L+ starter in 5L Erlen. - Stir plate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadjobrinus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have done some moderate searching through the forum, incl. that impressively leviathan 156-page DIY thread by Anthony Lopez.

One issue I'm running into is that from at least one materials list, these Neodymium magnets were included, and Amazon won't sell them to private individuals.

At any rate, all my larger glassware, plate, etc., are long gone. I'd like to keep it a bit simpler than I used to and with the exception of propagation from single colonies or slants, I don't expect to be doing any starters under 2L and for headroom, I'd like to do all the stirring in a 5L flask.

Trying to find a workable solution, whether DIY or a less expensive bought plate. I know this has probably been addressed a million times before but at least this specific thing - a 5L flask, but nowhere that vol. of starter - I haven't found it.

Any assistance? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back