250th post from Tyler TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jldc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I figured that after about six months on the board and 250 posts, I would finally introduce myself.

I got interested in beer as something to do with my 22 year old son. Six months later, I brew the beer, occasionally with his help, and he helps me drink it.

I live in Tyler TX with my wife and one of my three kids. The other two also live in town, but no longer with us. I work in the medical field.

In six months, I have progressed from canned pre-hopped extract to having just completed my fourth AG batch and kegging. Unlike some of you, not all of my beers have been that good. In fact, my first two - a Cooper's wheat and a Cooper's stout - were barely drinkable. Since then, with the advice from this board, they have gotten much better. On tap now I have Ed's Haus Pale Ale, and a Red Hook ESB clone (my first AG) that I also found here. Both are excellent and easily as good as any microbrew I've tasted.

My other big hobby is poker (playing and collecting chips). This is a good thing because I'm brewing much faster than I can drink without a lot of help. Poker night usually helps me empty a keg.

L

Back