2 Weeks and 5 brews in Elmhurst:-)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatGuyRyan

Reaction score
Well the title says it all! I wish I found this site before I started this little party in my basement but what can you do! I have asked lots of questions on a few other forums that I belong to but one is a car and the other is a home audio forum! But I did find a few home brewers on both of them and Got lots of advise.

So here is how this all started! My partner in this crime and I went out of town for this past Thanksgiving and spent $250+ on beer for a 4 day weekend between the two of us. As we were driving back we decided why not try this ourselves and save some cash. So I built a brew-room in my basement he bought the startup kit and the first batch of ingredients and we were started. I then had some old vacation and sick days so I took the last two weeks off in December and what do you know. 2 Weeks later I had 4X the equipment and 4 more batches in the basement. First we did a Belgian Double then I did a Cream Ale, Chocolate Stout, Winter Warmer and an American Weiss.

I have lots of questions and will post them up in the Beginners Thread in a minute. So hello to everyone! It looks like its going to be a good trip!:tank:

Welcome to the site I just joined today myself. It's good to see someone else that dives in head first. I have 85 gallons brewed under my belt in only 4 months a 3 tap kegerator and 6 different bottled beers it can be a strong addiction.

Sounds like the workings of an overachiever...excellent!! :rockin:

Well if you not going to go all out then why do anything at all!:D Hell I haven't even tasted my first brew and I am already looking at full grain options. And we told the wives this was all about saving money!!!;)

Here are some pics of my still not completed beer room and our first brew day.
beer093.jpg

beer117.jpg

beer118.jpg

beer106.jpg

Hey Ryan, welcome. I like the brew room, however, you will soon grow out of it. And let me know how that saving money thing works out for you....

Rodney
originally from Peoria

Yea its only 14X7 and I would have made it bigger but I also do woodworking and it already took over on of my stations. My next house which since we have a third child on the way in a few weeks and really need some more upper living space will definitely have an attached garage and bigger basement for my little hobbies! :mug:

Cheers!

Ryan

Back