2 questions about cleaning and top juice kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlito2017

Reaction score
Hi, new to this site. I was making wine 15 years ago and still have all the equipment and planning to take it up again. Although it's a bit dusty from hiding in the basement.

Question 1. Any special cleaning instructions or warnings about using this neglected equipment?

Question 2. Any brands of juice that seem to be the top pick among members. I prefer deep, dry red, usually Cab/Sauv. Not a big fan of California wines. Also I will be shopping for juice/kits in the Canadian
market.

Thanks in advance😎

Welcome back to the hobby!

For equipment, a good thorough cleaning and rinsing is needed. Once it's clean, you can sanitize it before using just as usual.

I don't know all of the wine kits that are available in Canada, but I do like the Cellar Craft Showcase series. I really like the amarone kit I did- https://www.morebeer.com/products/w...wcase-collection-amarone-style.html?site_id=9 Their whole series is great, and make a great wine in the end.

If you're near Hamilton Ont. Costas wine country. They have fresh juice buckets, ltailian& Californain in the fall & Chilean in the spring.

Back