17 year Brewer from Chicago Suburbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StewMakesBrew

Reaction score
Hi All:

A brewer for 17 years, plus a baker, amateur chef, barbecue maven and now cheesemaker.

Just recently started all-grain brewing after 17 years of thinking it might be too difficult (boy was I wrong. Time consuming, yes, difficult, NO!) and enjoying a resurgence in my passion for this wonderful hobby.

Looking foward to fun interactions ...

Stew

Hi All:

A brewer for 17 years, plus a baker, amateur chef, barbecue maven and now cheesemaker.

Just recently started all-grain brewing after 17 years of thinking it might be too difficult (boy was I wrong. Time consuming, yes, difficult, NO!) and enjoying a resurgence in my passion for this wonderful hobby.

Looking foward to fun interactions ...

Stew

I started brewing in 1999 and brewed with extracts for 13 years. boy, if we knew then what we know now... hahaha!!!

Anyone else misread this thread title as "17 year OLD brewer from Chicago Suburbs"?

No? Just me?

Anyway, Welcome from another Chicago Suburb brewer!

Yes, funny how the brain fills in spots that are not there.

Welcome, you found the best site on the web and you're well ahead in that you already met Billy:D

I started brewing in 1999 and brewed with extracts for 13 years. boy, if we knew then what we know now... hahaha!!!

Yeah. I keep a beer journal and read it occasionally and it's really funny some of my early observations. I was just throwing stuff together and praying for decent results ...

Anyone else misread this thread title as "17 year OLD brewer from Chicago Suburbs"?

No? Just me?

Anyway, Welcome from another Chicago Suburb brewer!

My guess is that your inner jr. high schooler said "17 year OLD GIRL brewer" LOL

LOL Ya I read that wrong as well.....Welcome to the forum... FWIW all grain doesn't have to be time consuming either. Unless you consider 3 hours time consuming.

Back