10 gallon Rubbermaid cooler thickness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egurney

Reaction score
Does anybody happen to know what the wall thickness of a round 10 gallon Rubbermaid cooler is? I'm going to order some stuff from BargainFittings, but need to know this info to order the correct part.

Thanks,
eric

I'm at work so can't give you exact measurements, but on the ones I bought, the area around the spigot has no insulation and was very thin, maybe 3/8". I emailed BargainFittings and he suggested that their valve bulkhead assembly for a SS keg should work since the cooler wall was so thin in that area.

As for the rest of the cooler it was fairly thick, so you'd probably need the cooler bulkhead assembly.

My suggestion would be to go down to WalMart or your local bigbox store (HD or Lowes) and checkout their 10 gal coolers. The design may have changed since I bought mine and this way you could see for yourself what the thickness is and whether it's uniform in areas you're likely to need thru-wall bulkhead fittings.

Good luck.

I actually trying to put in a port for a thermometer/sightglass and am trying to figure if I need the regular or extreme version. I should have been more specific in my original post.
I have the cooler at home - just no good way to get an accurate measurement. Thought someone here may have had the same dilemma and better tools!

Thx

bump.

I have the same question. Has anyone ever measured the thickness? Someone must have drilled theirs to put in a sight glass or thermometer so they should be able to answer this one.

Help me out if you can.

Thanks

Back