+1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

senorswiss

Reaction score
First of all, thanks to all who have contributed to the great info here. Resources such as this are invaluable when starting a new hobby. It reminds me a lot of one specific coffee forum I belong to with regards to the general friendliness of the members.

Anyway, I just ordered an equipment kit from Midwest - a good experience. They were willing to modify the existing kit a bit to get me just what I wanted...most of which I decided upon by reading lots of opinions and experiences on these forums over the last couple of weeks.

I actually have gotten into the hobby in a bit of a roundabout way. I started taking a beer judging class (BJCP) through the local homebrew group a few months ago in order to better understand what I'm drinking and what I enjoy. I've enjoyed drinking different types of beer for several years, but lacked the knowledge and vocabulary to describe the relevant flavors, etc.
Being immersed in that, of course, led me to homebrewing myself. I have brewed a couple of extract kits at a friend's house and wanted to get my own kit. Eventually, I'll go onto AG, I expect.

I guess this is getting a bit long in the tooth for an introduction...

Cheers,
Jordan

hehehe, another corrupted soul claimed by the beer side!!!!!!

Like a lamb to slaughter you walked to the edge of the cliff and jumped!!! Now you will be tortured in your sleep and your waking hours by the threat of stuck sparges, low gravities and the quest for high efficiencies.

Welcome aboard bro, your in good company.

Back