1 year, 150+ gallons later....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodTruble

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just over one year ago, working from home and stir crazy, I bought a homebrew kit. Enjoyed it way more than expected, and the obsession began.

I joined this site in a panic over a suspected infection in Batch 3 (šŸ˜‚ ). And this community has been unbelievably helpful ever since. This is truly a great resource and place to discuss all things homebrew. (And thanks to all of you).

A year later, I just brewed Batches 27 & 28 last weekend (over 160 gallons (- I give most of it away)).

As I poured a pint this evening, I realized it's been 1 year, and the blonde I was drinking was easily on par with not just 'beer from the store' but 'good beer from the store' (which was my aspirational goal a year ago).

.....and then I realized, meh, this isn't even in the top three beers I have on tap. =c).

In conclusion, Thank You!!

And ........

D9D8F7BF-CA8E-4E5F-8622-4642E8125CB5.gif

Last edited:
I joined this site in a panic over a suspected infection in Batch 3 (šŸ˜‚ ). And this community has been unbelievably helpful ever since.
It would be interesting to know how many members are here because of that very question. That was my first post not quite 4 years ago when I had a weird looking krausen on a batch I was using S-04 yeast on for the first time.
:bigmug:

Yeah, I still have about 30 gallons in kegs and bottles. And then I gave away about half of the remaining 130 gallons. Still 65 gallons over 365 is still about 22 oz per day (just counting homebrew).

@camonick - I think a lot of people on this site join under fear of infection. Just read through the beginner's forum, and it's an almost daily occurrence. - and I've felt obligated to chime in when I see those threads with no prior responses yet.

Back