1.5" Tri Clover X 1" NPS Element Adapter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thundercougarfalconbird

Reaction score
So, Ive been learning a ton about electric brewing recently. I stumbled upon this lil thing.
http://www.brewershardware.com/TC15F10NPSCOV.html

Its slathered in warning labels and doesn't really say exactly what it does. I know I know, I probably shouldn't consider it if I don't know what I'm doing. But I gotta learn at some point =P
How does this thing work? Is it a potentially cleaner way to install a heating element in a kettle? Or is it strictly Herms/rims gear?
*4am pondering*

It does too say:
"The only one of its kind on the market, this unique fitting is specifically made to adapt a 1" NPS heating element into a 1.5" Tri Clover fitting. The fitting has a welded cover with a thread-on cap to cover the element connection. Includes a cord strain relief and internal grounding screw. This is the ideal fitting for adding elements to kettles for electric-fired breweries. Made of 304 SS."

Key words are bolded.
This allows you to conveniently make a water tight connection on the element and also allow you to disconnect it from the kettle/rims setup to clean without having to unscrew it each time. Of course you are going to need a 1.5" Tri Clover fitting on your kettle/rims.

Latest posts

Back