Is there a problem here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerDon

Reaction score
Is beer all you people talk about?

And come on, is it really normal to spend so much time thinking about making beer, talking about making beer, making beer, and oh yeah, drinking beer that you made?

Just wondering. I’d hate to think that there is something wrong with me.

Let’s see, I’ve got about 6 cases of 8 different homebrews in the closet and I think my supply is dangerously low. In other news, I currently have two , 5 gallon batches lagering, another 5 gallons fermenting, and a book entitled “Yeast” on my night stand. And let’s not forget that also on the night stand is a bag of fifty, 50ml vials that I am going to start using to freeze yeast. I woke up today a little stressed because I realized that three of my 4 propane tanks are empty.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Man, I could really use a beer right now.

Am I ok? I need to know.

I might not be one to ask

image-96795514.jpg

image-2955889375.jpg

Wife's idea had a 6 tap with with 6 more kegs sitting outside of it, "If we get a bigger freezer you won't have to have kegs lying around.;)" Now I have 14 kegs inside + 2 three gallon kegs on the hump and 6-8 kegs outside of keezer and 1-2 sitting in the lagering fridge.:p

I envy you Beaks... Wife has told me that I could build a keezer, but I have to wait until after the new house is purchased and then I can start :( the suspense is killing me, guess I'll just have to drink another beer.

I have brewed since '89, both home and commercially, batches from 5 gallons to 50bbls and I still get excited on the day I am brewing. I dream about brewing on an almost weekly basis. Although, commercial systems rather than home... not sure I ever dreamed about home brewing. I could describe some of the systems in great detail and have, in fact, got some ideas of what to do and not do on the next project I am involved in!

Have you found a house yet?

We've found a couple, but no we haven't decided on one yet. It's really difficult too because every time we go look at one I can't help but to say to myself "The keezer would look excellent right over there".

Shortly after saying this I catch a sharp elbow to the ribs :rockin:

Doesn't sound like a problem to me. I'm on here a good part of the day,as I'm retired & don't walk well anymore. Just go out to run errands,a little yard or car work...& getting more brewin stuff.
I have 4 cases of three different beers bottled up,another 5 gallons in the fermenter,& getting ready to brew another 5 gallons. Then decide what I want to brew next time around when a fermenter opens up.

I have "Yeast" sitting on my nightstand as well, along with a highlighter and notebook. I know I'm obsessed, but I'm proud of it!

I also have a bunch of washed yeast in the fridge,grains,LME jugs,etc in there. Then a big bag of dry brewing stuff in the pantry. Wife is starting to get annoyed now & then. Odd how she was happy when she saw the new grain mill?...

This hobby is not what it seems. We have it on good authority,that this brewery is sent by the bronze! Full of beer & gadgetry...It has made us machines...no control,but at least we're machines. More of us than there is of them...they can't stop the HBT machine...stop the machine...machinemachinemachine...:cross:

Back