07/04 - Your Country: What do you love?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you love about your country right now?
I want to open this up to our members around the world as well, so feel free to add posts on your native land.

ROFL! I am glad that we still have the hard won freedom to be able to sit around and brew while openly discussing it. 1st amendment rocks! Down with the 18th HOORAY for the 21st!!!

I remember talking to a guy from Zimbabwe about 15 years ago, when he showed me his metal identification card with etched photo and information (so as to survive a fire, etc.) -- he said that at any place at any time he could be asked to provide identification and must comply by law. That made me realize how much we take our freedom for granted here. When was the last time you RANDOMLY had to show ID? Never! Only if you're up to something or in a place that makes you suspicious.
The choices we are free to make, every day, without threat of repercussions, are a freedom that many many people in this world do not have the good fortune to experience!

I love the freedom we have here in the US. As hard as the terrorists have tried to destroy it we still prevail. Let freedom ring! :mug:
I am extremely lucky to live in the best country in the world.
I fully expect everyone in other countries to feel the same way about where they are from and by all means say so! :rockin:

I love the options we have- to live in the city, suburbs, woods, or rural areas. We are a mobile society and you can live in the town you grew up in, or on a beach on the coast, or in the urban areas. I really believe that anybody can achieve their goals in this country and generally choose their profession.

Peace and freedom. Many take it for granted, that we can just drive down to the store, and not worry about getting our head blown off.

Having lived in a foreign country for 5 years as a foreigner (not military), I truly appreciate the FREEDOM of the United States of America. Thank a soldier today if you meet one.

Many folks here in the States take it for granted as they have not experienced any other place or culture. Once you live abroad as a native, it will open your eyes as why the USA is the best country in the world.

1: the beautiful landscape of our country, and the fact that it hasn't been completely destroyed yet.

2: the diversity of people with all their different social and political perspectives - the fact that we are free to sit down and discuss our differences over a beer or two in a civilized and productive manner.

speaking of which:
I love the freedom we have here in the US. As hard as the terrorists have tried to destroy it we still prevail. Let freedom ring!

I don't think any terrorist gives a damn about our freedom one way or another. They're just trying to get our greedy oil-grabbing hands out of their backyard (and they're pissed at us for supporting Israel). If we minded our own business they would mind theirs. The only people trying to destroy our freedom are the fear mongers who claim to be protecting us from terrorists.

Thanks for letting me exercise the freedom to give my 2 cents! :mug:

Back