Bottled Temperature?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hitman73

Reaction score
Hi, I have just got my first brew set up. Question is, I know i need to keep it at a certain temp during fermentation, but once bottled can I store it in cooler temps? Its a New Zealand brew, Lion Lager. I dont have a lot of space, so want to put the bottled lager in the shed. The shed gets down to about 2 degrees celsius (35 F) with it being winter now.
Any help much appreciated :)

Once you bottle it, keep it around 20°C for about 2 weeks to allow the yeast to ferment out the priming sugars and create the carbonation of your bottles.
Then storage at lower temperature in your shed is not a problem and is actually preferable.

Once you bottle it, keep it around 20°C for about 2 weeks to allow the yeast to ferment out the priming sugars and create the carbonation of your bottles.
Then storage at lower temperature in your shed is not a problem and is actually preferable.

Thanks el caro. Appreciate the advice.

Thanks el caro. Appreciate the advice.

Back