From trash heap Fridge to 1st class fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few pics of the door assembly. I used self tapping screws to bolt the top and bottom doors together and then used a brace on the back corner to sturdy the unit.

IMG_20130509_183924_161.jpg

IMG_20130509_183807_243.jpg

IMG_20130509_183821_864.jpg

I will soon begin my build with a 15 gallon conical. I will be using a yeast catcher as well.

My question: My 15 gallon conical will fit in the frig I am using. I would though like some extra head room above the tank. I will be using an auto siphon for transferring beer to kegs. Can I be fairly confident if I am careful in chopping a hole between the frig and the freezer that I will not hit any freon tubes? I would rather not take the partition completely out as the unit seems to fit not doing so.

Thanks

Do you know anyone who does fridge repair? I'd want to run the make/model by them to find out where the coils are before chopping any holes where they don't belong.

Most of the large refrigerators like this one have the coils on the back of the unit.

Most of the large refrigerators like this one have the coils on the back of the unit.

Yes, the coils are attached to the back. So therefore, I do not need to worry about any lines between the freezer and the refrigerator? That would be welcome news. TY

Latest posts

Back