Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big series starts this weekend in the city by the bay as the World Champs host my Dodgers. Kershaw takes the bump tonight after coming off the Bereavement list(his father passed on Sunday) against Zito. Should be a great Series(per the Usual) Hopefully the Blue Crew can take back some games from the Gigantes.

I don't see how we don't sweep the Jays this series. Finally starting to show some semblance of an offense and Holy crao a hitter over .300.

Well i forgot Joe (I can't pitch anywhere but Safeco) Saunders on the mound today.

Fawking SWEPT by the Giants...losing 3 games by 1 run each is so disconcerting. There's nothing worse than having to eat sheeeet from my SF "friends". It could be worse, though I could be an Angels fan ;)

I really hate to post this GIF, but it is the only video I can find. After watching the last 4 games between the Tigers & Astros in which the Astros should have won the first 2 games against a lifeless Tiger Team. This one event shows how demoralized the Astros are. I suffered through the 1975, 89, 96, 2002,03 and many other years. But I've never seen something like this from those losing teams. The setup is this.. Torii Hunter is on first, the Pitcher, 1st baseman, second baseman, shortstop, are all headed back to their position with heads down.

hunter_steal_5-4-13.gif

I think they need some new inspiration from a different coaching staff.

Dodgers' players having to take an extra hot shower this morning after being violated by the Giants who spent the entire weekend balls deep in them.:ban:

Punity said:
I don't see how we don't sweep the Jays this series. Finally starting to show some semblance of an offense and Holy crao a hitter over .300.

What the hell have you seen in the last decade that makes you confident the Ms will sweep any series?

Dodgers' players having to take an extra hot shower this morning after being violated by the Giants who spent the entire weekend balls deep in them.:ban:

Leave it to a Giants fan to use a ghey reference in order to put down the Dodgers...C'mon, you're better than that San Francisco!

Suffering is too good. We're tormented! Haha.

Well that is true. Honestly, I was happy when McCourt sold the team because baseball isn't the same even for a diehard Giants fan when the dodgers have no chance. Now that they are spending money hand over fist and still losing it brings an evil smile to my face.:D

Dodgers need to be relevant so here to McCourt at least being gone.:mug:

LOL I'd happen to find the baseball thread on a beer forum sooner or later! Lets go Tigers! Fan for 10 years running!

What the hell have you seen in the last decade that makes you confident the Ms will sweep any series?

Not having Joe freaking Saunders as the third behind the best 1-2 punch in the AL would be a start but alas that's not reality.

How does this make sense. Atlanta a warm weather city, through today has had 12 home games and 17 road games (and that number will go 26 at the end of this road trip) meanwhile cool-cold weather teams like Boston, Detroit, Minnesota, Yankees, PHillies, and Colorado have the same number of scheduled home games or more.

Why does MLB not take advantage of using the warm/dome teams early in the season? To me it makes no sense to be playing baseball in freezing temps when you can play it in Atlanta, Florida, Phoenix, SoCal, etc. Then may rolls around and you switch it up a bit more and in the summer you can avoid the nasty hot stickiness or Atlanta and Florida.

How does this make sense. Atlanta a warm weather city, through today has had 12 home games and 17 road games (and that number will go 26 at the end of this road trip) meanwhile cool-cold weather teams like Boston, Detroit, Minnesota, Yankees, PHillies, and Colorado have the same number of scheduled home games or more.

Why does MLB not take advantage of using the warm/dome teams early in the season? To me it makes no sense to be playing baseball in freezing temps when you can play it in Atlanta, Florida, Phoenix, SoCal, etc. Then may rolls around and you switch it up a bit more and in the summer you can avoid the nasty hot stickiness or Atlanta and Florida.

I totally agree with the theory. They had an interview with the head scheduler for the league on ESPN.com a week ago that addressed the same questions. Short answer was: there is no perfect system. It works well for most and that's about as good as it's going to get.

The beast is back, Sanchez vs. the Nats tonight!

:rockin:

Pretty sure Bud Selig has a stroke about every other day so that could be one reason...

From what I understand it has to do with attendance. Atlanta draws more of the kids when school is out. Boston, Detroit, New York, Philadelphia, draw crowds even when it's cold.

iaefebs said:
From what I understand it has to do with attendance. Atlanta draws more of the kids when school is out. Boston, Detroit, New York, Philadelphia, draw crowds even when it's cold.

As a Baltimoron, I can confirm that we like watching baseball live when it's cold out too. Opening day is an unofficial day off for several counties...

Atlanta does draw better in the summer, but they also draw better on the weekends. So would you then just have Atlanta only play weekends? JMO you get the games in the cities you're least likely to have terrible weather in.

Latest posts

Back