Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does it work for for people that paid for hallertauer? It was canceled after taking payment.

I know I've got a $10 something credit now since Hallertauer was out after payment.

I'd be happy to apply that toward something else in the group buy instead of going through the hassle of a refund...

I'm sure there are people that backed out of their buys and have stuff sitting around. Where could I see what is available to snag up, if any?

I'm a noob. I got the address, looks like a tentative date, just wonderin.

I was just messin. Bill usually posts pick-up times on here and people can always make arrangements throughout the week after the first pick-up date. I wonder what 500+ people going to Bill's on a Sunday will look like?

Gothic_Horror said:
I was just messin. Bill usually posts pick-up times on here and people can always make arrangements throughout the week after the first pick-up date. I wonder what 500+ people going to Bill's on a Sunday will look like?

That's actually what I was wondering about, weekend, and an event like this probably being outside normal business hours. I got an itch now, plenty of grain and hops coming.....

Don't forget to bring beer for Bill and team working (for free) to make this happen. Last buy, bill had a table for all the beer people came with.

Don't forget to bring beer for Bill and team working (for free) to make this happen. Last buy, bill had a table for all the beer people came with.

Homebrew for these guys is always appreciated. Some nice bottles from the shop also is a very good plan.

I think it would be fair if newbs have to to send some amounts, say $25, to register with the GB. If they don't drop out, they can use it towards their buy. If they drop out after closing, their money goes toward covering any difference in shipping, food and food for the people doing the splits.

I thought that I had a pretty good solution by making new buyers pay for at least 80% of what they order upon original submittance. However, if the major problem for Bill is the reallocation of the freight costs, than the registration fee that goes towards their end order would be a simpler solution theoretically. Either way Bill, it is work for you. So I'll support any decision you make in this regard. For those that disappear completely, order some dessert with your pizzas!

ThirstT said:
Homebrew for these guys is always appreciated. Some nice bottles from the shop also is a very good plan.

Ya only if the beer you brew sucks! ThirstT?

I hope you guys realize I'm only giving ThirstT a hard time, not really making fun of him. In fact we are good friends and brew together pretty regularly. The reality is his beer only 60% sucks, it's not all bad :)

Definitely going to regret not buying more sacks of 2row. I have a week off brewing while a friend from London is staying with us, then 5 batches to get back up to full capacity. If the Black IPA is acceptably aged, I should have some of that for the pickup. Otherwise I'll be beerless as all my other beers are finishing in two weeks. :( Too many samples given out for recipe feedback and convincing businesses to buy from us when we open.

My bank will wire out the money this afternoon. I'm expecting delivery probably on Tuesday. I think we should schedule splits for the latter half of next week, with my preference being on a Friday like last time. Then let people start picking up over the weekend.

Can't make split day due to work, but will be there for pick up with some Belgian Ale to share. Thanks again Bill for setting this up!

I just want to add the split party is going to be by invitation only. We can't have too many helpers because then we just get in each other's way. I hope everyone understands. Thanks.

Let me know If need more help throwing sacks of grain, i may be able to show up around 4pm on Friday next week (maybe earlier than that)

I just want to add the split party is going to be by invitation only. We can't have too many helpers because then we just get in each other's way. I hope everyone understands. Thanks.

If it's next Friday for the splits, and you need a hand, I'm available to help. I work downtown and could come straight from the office - get there around 5:30 or so. If not, then I'll see you next weekend to pick up.

I can make a Friday split day, to make up for not being in attendance the last two group buys yet consuming plenty of splits. :D

I'm in Portage Park. so I'm pretty close to you if you need any help.

cadwallion said:
I can make a Friday split day, to make up for not being in attendance the last two group buys yet consuming plenty of splits. :D

Same here. I have Friday off.

if people want to bring a ball lock corny of beer during pickup be my guest. I just got done building a jockey box that is just waiting to be tried out.

20130509_183503.jpg

20130509_184247.jpg

bmason1623 said:
if people want to bring a ball lock corny of beer during pickup be my guest. I just got done building a jockey box that is just waiting to be tried out.

Freaking sweet!

Nice build cant wait to see it in person.

Is anybody else coming from MI?

My bank will wire the payment first thing this morning. Grain should be here as early as Tuesday. Pickups will start next weekend.

Can you guys help? If I take a full carbed corny out of my fridge to put anouther one in can that first corny stay at room temp and be ok.

Brant, I go as far as the IL/IN border, Calumet Ave to be exact if you are familiar with the area.

It looks like I am picking up 4 orders currently Ill need to verify any additional wont push me over capacity.

Looks great, unfortunately i dont keg so coming with bottles only.
Ps. By the end of each group buy im getting strangely excited, :cross:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back