What are New Zealanders using instead of Star San to sanitize?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hitman73

Reaction score
Just wondering what brewers in New Zealand are using to sanitize? I want something like Star San that doesnt require a rinse but am unsure what to use. Something that can also be put into a spray pump bottle would be good.

Why can't NZ'ers use Star San?

I can't think of any product that will sanitize and not have to rinse afterwards.

Iodophor/iodine should be available

its no rinse at 12.5 ppm, it can be used in a spray.

downsides are it dissipates out with heat and light but lasts a couple days mixed.

How come you can't get your hands on some star san? I know that the HBS in Wellington has it in stock and so does almost every online shop. I wouldn't want to miss it anymore, so easy to use!

Where are you from btw?

Brewers Coop in Auckland has it. I got the medium size bottle and it lasts forever. I would highly recommend it over the other stuff you can find in NZ.

How come you can't get your hands on some star san? I know that the HBS in Wellington has it in stock and so does almost every online shop. I wouldn't want to miss it anymore, so easy to use!

Where are you from btw?

Hey mate, Christchurch.

Back