Adding stuff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaac17dboy

Reaction score
So I don't know if adding things like fruits or veggies to the beer is different depending on if you used first or second fermentation ? Any info would be great!

It can vary depending on what you are brewing an adding. Most fruit or veg beers I have done will go in at primary, I like to make purees if I can. What were you planning on doing?

Well this is my second batch and I've been wanting to let my creativity flow soo. I added carrot shells made into chunky paste for the wort. I also add crunchy carrot cores to the second fermentation stage. I'm leaving it at that till may 1st witch would be a exact month.

How much for 5 gal? And when was it added to the wort? As far as the creativity thats why we homebrew right?? I loooove doing off the wall fruit and veggie beers! Having one of my Key Lime Pie ales now as a matter of fact

Four medium carrots. I know I should have done better measurements but it slipped my mind. But I also ended up using only 3 gallons of water. So it's going to be stout! ;)

Generally you wanna use 1# per gallon with something not as strong like carrots Id say a little more. I usually add to primary just before pitching the yeast. The ones in secondary should add some nice aroma. But good luck let me know how it turns out sounds interesting! What was the base beer?

A pilsner all malt home brewing kit. Sense I still don't know much I buy kits and change em up. And I will tell and show.

Latest posts

Back