brew hardware weldless sigh glass and thermometer... Anyone have this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bobby is a standup guy. I bought a pump connection kit from him. Quality product. I'm sure this is the same.

I got that one from him about 10 months ago, and couldn't be happier. If you're using propane, consider tossing one of his heat shields onto the order as well. Before I got the heat shield it would tend to boil over in the sight glass, but I was picking up some camlocks from him and decided to try the heat shield out, now I've really got to get it pumping to get any bubbles in the tube at all.

I bought this sight glass with thermometer about 1.5 years ago. Everything was mailed quickly. Great addition to your keggle.

I got two of these (I use an Auber ins thermowell) from Bobby - Great Product, Great service.

Always been happy with product, service and delivery!

Only regret is that I don't need more stuff so I could support BrewHardware more.

I have two of the sight glasses in my brew pot and HLT.
I bought the original one for my HLT with the thermometer, and had some issue with the thermometer, but that was my fault.
I installed it to close to the bottom of my HLT, and the flame just skewed my actual vessel temps, even with the heat shield- MY FAULT.

You won't find a more stand up guy than Bobby who will answer your emails, ship your product fast, stand behind it, and support it 110%.

I have 2 of that exact product and it worked great for me. The only issue I had was related to my inability to follow simple instructions when putting it together.

I built a new burner stand and didn't put heat shields on it right away, which ended up slightly distorting the tube. The one on my hot liquor tank is just fine and has over 50 batches run thru it on my double 220k btu burner stand.

Good products, quick shipping and quick response time. Highly recommended.

I have bought so much stuff from Brewhardware/Bobby, I don't even want to go into it. He has been great about accommodating my pain in the ass order changes and answering most of my stupid quesitons. All the equipment has been great and does what its supposed to.
Look no further!

Can I ask what you heard about brewhardware not being so great for a time? I had not heard any of those rumors.

Me either, in fact, I've always heard that brewhardware was great.
And found it so myself just last week.

I've ordered from brewhardware a couple of times, and on each instance I was shocked by how quickly the items showed up. We're talking like 48 hours between clicking the order button and getting a box. I'm not even sure how that's possible.

One other thing I really respect about brewhardware is that they close the storefront down when they can't keep up with demand. These are side-businesses for many, and when the holidays roll around it is tempting to let the orders pile up. But, brewhardware does the right thing.

So, in short, no...I have had nothing but good experiences and have heard nothing but good things.

ha ha... Don't need more stuff... well, if guess not many of us "need" more stuff, but want more stuff, like more stuff, desire more stuff.. yah!
Ok, cool I'll probably jump on one soon, and thanks for info about heat shield!
Bobby, there was a thread about it somewhere while searching something completely different. Not sure where it was now. I look forward to trying ya out soon! Sounds like everyone here has had nothing but great things to say here though!

Thanks for input everyone!

Got two of them. And other stuff as well. I'm soon to buy a buttload more from him as I start my HERMS setup.

I've been ordering from Brew Hardware for well over a year. Always great products and fast service. Waiting to see what his new design for his rims tube is like to place another order. Maybe you got him confused with Brewer's Hardware? As far as I know they are a great company too, but only ordered a couple of times from them.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/bobby_m-sight-gauge-195031/

Great sight gauge (best one out there?). Camlocks are great. Timer with big face is very cool. Coke scale is very nice with blue lighted face.

I do not recommend his bi-metal thermometers based on my experience. In fact, I don't recommend any of them since I also have a Blichmann that sucks.

I just ordered this very kit, late on a Friday. I was notified it was shipped the next day. Everything was packaged sufficiently, and it arrived promptly.

A few days later I emailed Bobby to ask his opinion on the sight glass calibration (net vs gross), and he emailed back promptly with very good pros and cons for each. BTW, I went with net.

I'll order from him again without hesitation.

I will say that the small heat shield, when clamped to the bottom of the tee, rests against the bottom of the thermometer dial, which I'm sure is just fine.

I've got a sightglass/thermometer combo that I've never been able to calibrate. It is on my brew kettle, though, so I don't care that much. I wouldn't hesitate to order another one.

Back