Warm Lager Yeast List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim M

Reaction score
I know we have a warm fermented lager thread that goes into various areas of warm fermentation, but what I have not seen is a list or chart of Saccharomyces pastorianus that are available at the homebrewers level that have been tried out by members in that 60+ Fahrenheit or 16+C range.

I mean fermentation without spunding and such. A list compiled might be nice for reference for new & experienced brewers. If such a list or chart exists point me that direction. If not please share the yeast you have tried and your thoughts.

My results from my experience with my opinions below. All the ones listed below I kegged after primary, forced carbonated, & aged at 35-40f for 3 weeks or more prior to sampling.

Wyeast 2112 I have good clean results @64f seemed slow to start. Cleared well.

Fermentis 34/70 good clean results @64f fast start & high attenuation I even have to bump my mash temp up to keep it from going too low. Took a few weeks to clear up.

Lallamend Diamond good results @60-63f seemed maltier and seemed to have slightly more body than 34/70. Diamond & 35/70 are very different to me.

CellarScience German good results @62-64f seems to be the AEB version of 34/70 under a CellarScience brand.

Wyeast 2124 about the same to me at 62-64f as 34/70 but with better mouthfeel slightly more malt presences. Very clean.

Back