• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New York Stasis Glycol Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Stasis Glycol Chiller off their kickstarter, and while the unit works pretty well it also happens to be way too loud for my NYC apartment.

It's basically brand new - I've only used it for doing a "test chill" of 5 gallons of water.

$550 + Shipping.

Includes the glycol chiller, box, and manual. Does not include tubing, tube clamps, or glycol.

Photos:

64653B48-27F4-4C7B-B09C-77F4702708F0.jpeg
CA9770BE-B1BD-42D4-AFAC-10CA5FE40919.jpeg
F67FB74E-C908-4806-BE43-E06F6985F770.jpeg

It's hard to say - it depends entirely on the layout of your house, but generally I'd expect it would be fine for most people. It's a fan noise, kind of like an air conditioner or box fan - it just happens to be a fairly loud box fan at 69 dB. :)

I don't know how they compare but my Penguin chiller is in the basement and I can hear it upstairs or on the finished side of the basement but not loud enough that anyone has ever said anything. It is somewhat louder than the dehumidifier, furnace or the power vent on the water heater. Obviously its going to depend a lot on the layout and construction of your house.

Back