Robobrew Gen3.1 vs Brew Monk vs Brauheld 15

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one would you buy? (small batch brewing)

• Brew Monk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brauheld

• Another one (please leave a comment)

• Total voters

Spouk

Reaction score
I need a new system for indoor brewing cause I have moved and I can not have my 3v inside my new house. So after some research I ended up with these 3. I should also tell that I want to brew only small batches (under 3 gallons, it would be perfect to brew 1 to 2 gallons but I suppose it's difficult) and I am interested in something relatively cheap (up to 400 euro max, obviously I live in Europe) so no Grainfather or Braumeister or anything like that.

I can find Robobrew with the chiller and the jacket for about 350. It has a year warranty and the recirculation pipe is stainless (hold on to that) with camlocks.
IMG_4656_1024x1024.jpg

jacket_2_1024x1024.png

Brew Monk on the other hand is about the same unit as far as I can tell except that it come with a little higher wattage on elements (2500w vs 2400 on Robobrew), it has 3 years warranty and the recirculation pipe in glass so it has a sight glass :yes:. Also I can see that the grain basket has two different in height set of rests which if better I suppose. But it cost almost 400 and it doesn't come with anything so I'll have to buy them separately. Do the extras justify the higher price? (350 vs about 500 total)
products-20181127141604-05770030-a.png

products-20181127141904-05770030-e.png

Last but not least the Klarstein Brauheld 15l. I have read that I can find the unit as low as 200. Currently it costs 275 (I'll have to buy at least a chiller cause my current immersion will not fit in) without shipping. It's about the ideal size but as far as I can tell the controller is the worst one and the recirculation pipe does not come with camlocks. Has anybody used the unit? Does it worth its money? Cause if it can not hit exact temps on massing for me it doesn't...
61rIX-8tfgL._SL1500_.jpg

61sv-dI-qFL._SL1500_.jpg

So I'm waiting for your opinions and experiences with these machines or something in these price range and made for small batches.

Thanks a lot!

How about the Anvil Foundry 6.5G? I like its design because it does not have a pipe going down the center. The interface is less sophisticated as it does do automated step mashes though.

Thank you Bassman it's a great system, one I didn't know about!
Unfortunately as far as I can tell, it can not be found anywhere in Europe and buying from US would skyrocket the price due to shipping and (mainly) customs.
So, sadly, I guess that Foundry is not really an option for me.

Thank you Bassman it's a great system, one I didn't know about!
Unfortunately as far as I can tell, it can not be found anywhere in Europe and buying from US would skyrocket the price due to shipping and (mainly) customs.
So, sadly, I guess that Foundry is not really an option for me.

What did you wind up getting? What was your experience? I just moved from the USA to Europe and am looking for something similar myself, and am sad that I can't find the Anvil here.

Back