Quick Mozzarella - on Youtube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernardsmith

Reaction score
Just came across this Youtube video and while I still maintain Mozzarella is NOT an easy cheese to make, this video suggests that it might be a great deal easier than it seems.
He uses
1 L of milk (OK he uses raw milk but fresh milk with Ca Cl should be OK)
20 ml of white vinegar
10 g salt

What he does not show is that it stretched but let me put my skepticism aside and suggest that if he uses this to make his pizza and if he lives off the pizza he makes then this Mozzz may be p[erfectly fit for pizza. I am going to try this over the weekend

OK . I finally found the time to make Mozz using this technique. Gotta say that the Mozz was not more successful than using the 30 minute method BUT the ricotta I was able to obtain after heating the whey to near boiling was exceptional.
But I wonder if the video left something out and that is the need to knead the Mozz as it heats up. Mine never had the stretchiness I I was looking for.... and 20 g of vinegar might be too little. Going to try this again using about a half a cup of vinegar.

I’ve successfully made stretchy mozzarella with a similar recipe. As expected, it was pretty dull tasting.

I’ve also failed miserably with a similar recipe.

when I find myself content with life, satisfied with my progress in all, and generally happy in excess, I only need to attempt to make mozzarella to bring me back down to earth.

Latest posts

Back