Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sagnew440

Reaction score
I brewed a extract cirtus wheat yesterday. everything went great during the brew. I used US-05 for the yeast, i just pitched it dry on top. i had a brain fart after that because forgot to stir the yeast after it became rehydrated. i figure its going to be fine, but i'm going to swirl my fermenter a little when i get home from work anyway. :confused:

my question was is it necessary to stir the yeast into the wort, or can you just sprinkle and let it go.

I have yet to use dry yeast but most everything i have read makes it appear to be ok just to dump it on top of the wort. The one thing I am learning quickly about this obsession is that it's pretty hard to **** up the beer.

I wouldn't worry....

Yeast has a way of figuring out what it needs to do, whether we do or not. They've been doing it for 4,000+ years. Whether you stir or not, the yeast will wake up, start having sex, and then begin swimming around eating the wort and peeing alcoho, and farting co2.

I just dump it on top and let it go. Don't stir or swirl or anythign like that. I have never had a batch that didn't get going with this method

Latest posts

Back