Northwest Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate

Reaction score
Anyone used this company? My recent hop rhizome order was short (apparently someone there can't count to 4) and they have yet to respond to my email. I just submitted a contact form on their site so we'll see what that does.

Either way, pretty irritating when someone can't count to 4...

I ordered the starter bundle from them - 6 rhizomes and the rope to hang them. Delivered last Saturday, order all intact. The rhizomes had small starters coming out of them. I placed them in the basement and checked them yesterday, some have 6-8 inch shoots on them now! I'll have to plant them in pots this weekend :)

I have ordered in the past (not this year), and had good hops shipped fast.

Hopefully they will make it right!

Well, no response from their own web form or email. It's been 5 days... time to just file a dispute with the credit card company.

Last time doing business with these people...

Go with Great Lakes hops and order the crowns in the future. They're a little more pricey than a rhizome, but I'm comfortable saying I'll get a decent yield out of my newly ordered crowns. There's no guess work in if they'll survive or not in my experience. Good luck.

Just a follow up on this. Never received any response from Northwest Hops. Credit card company refunded the entire purchase... apparently they never responded to them either.

I just noticed they posted on here a few times but not since 2010. I'll definitely never order from these guys again...

These people are amazing. It's been well over 3 months since the purchase and Northwest Hops tried to recharge my credit card this last month. They've never responded to any of my attempts to contact them but apparently thought they could just ignore me and then backdoor another charge after my credit card company refunded me.

Seriously horrible company....

I ordered hops rhizomes from them when their pre-sale was on. I got 6 Cascade and 6 Centennial. They were really nice looking rhizomes and their instructions said to plant them right away. I live in the mountains and it was still snowing and frosting, so I put them in gallon pots under cfl grow lights. They grew like crazy. I moved them outside after the frost threat was over and they're doing great for the first year. I was very happy with the rhizome quality.

I tried to contact them with some questions and never got any response, so I'd have to say their customer service is very poor.

Back