New sanke kegging option? EV Keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jappler

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with these, they're just coming to market right now I believe.

http://www.evcontainer.com/home-brewers/

Looking for an easy sanke kegging solution.

I bought a plastic PubKeg and actually kegged my first batch, was super easy to do. But it looks as though they're becoming extinct already due to some mishaps. I'm hoping I can clean and reuse this one for at least a few more batches.

Anybody with an idea of cost? None is listed.

Anybody with an idea of cost? None is listed.

When I first discover them I had emailed and asked for pricing. They're offering introductory pricing until the end of the Home Brewers Conference in June and it'll be $78 for the keg and liner, and $3.95 for replacement liners.

I clicked the link wanting to hate the idea, but actually I think it is top notch, assuming the quality (bags not ripping) and availability (want to be able to get more bags, lol) works out well.

For the number of kegs I would go through, the cost of the bags would be a non-factor. Ultimately though, my keezer is not the right size for sankes! The difference between 8.5" diameter and 9.25" is drastic.

Cheaper than a new corny.

Interesting.....

One concern is oxygen take up. They mention an 8 month time frame; so that counts out the wine people, or those who are doing LONG term aging of their beers.

Promising product though.

I have this system and just kegged my first batch with it yesterday. Of course, the first time around was not as I planned it, but the second try worked well. I will say that the bag go on tight, but you have to make sure that it is seated all the way on the O ring AND turned all the way to the locked position b/c that bag WILL come off. Once I put it under pressure, I had beer coming out of the seam on the side. Having said that, I will add that it's way easier to fill it through the beer port and then it is through the CO2 port. I tried it both ways as the directions I have give you the option. The beer port is slower, but the excess pressure is released through the CO2 port, where I was having trouble with that when filling via the CO2 port. Other than that, back pressure on the keg to start was simple, and once filled, worked great! I'll probably order a second one as there is no way I'm going to finish my first batch in time before the second one is ready to keg. And the service from the company was really great. They changed the bags, and they sent me another set of the newer ones for free.

I really like the twist off design with a sankle coupler...but then bags? If they made those with steel liners that would be sweet

Back