Need help in Crossville, TN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eknee

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in Crossville on an annual golf trip and I brought a corny of homebrew with a CO2 charger. The problem is that I forgot a gas in disconnect. I can't find a LHBS, and don't know if I'll be able to find one.

I promised my buddies good beer - and I have 5 gallons of it - we just can't serve it.

Anyone local that can help me?

Thanks,

Bump...sounds like you might have to drive to Knoxville for the part if no one here can help you. There were a couple of LHBS when I was in college there. I believe one of them is in Farragut(West Knoxville) so you wont have to drive the extra 15-20 miles.

Maybe give the new brewery in Sparta a call. Doubt they have anything, but they started as home brewers, if I remember correctly. I don't even know if they're open or producing yet. I think it's called dead calf brewing.

FermentStation in Knoxville isn't open on Mondays. There may be a restaurant supply store in town somewhere.

Why don't you look for soda distributors in the phone book.

(or how bout just opening her up and finishing the dern 5 gallons ... Always looking for reasons to party. Fill up some growlers if you have any.)

I'm 20 minutes from Crossville, I can help! I'll be on and off here throughout the morning.
And you won't find any hbs's close.
Pm me for a phone number.

_

I assume the beer is already carbonated? If yes, and you are literally going to drink it in like 1-2 sittings, you could literally take off the corny lid and pour the beer out of the top. In the pinch you are in, I'd do that before I drove 45-60 minutes just to buy a gas disconnect.

I assume the beer is already carbonated? If yes, and you are literally going to drink it in like 1-2 sittings, you could literally take off the corny lid and pour the beer out of the top. In the pinch you are in, I'd do that before I drove 45-60 minutes just to buy a gas disconnect.

I'd take it home with me before i'd do that.

_

Special thanks to WildWest for helping me out of this spot. He went out of his way to help a fellow homebrewer, and I really appreciate it.

Back