Kombucha Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScobyDoo

Reaction score
Hey guys! I saw another post that mentioned this, but has anybody had success making kombucha wine?

I've got myself a big carboy, champagne yeasts, an air-lock, and all the fixin's and I'm about to jump in head first!

I guess my main question is, should I use sugar or glucose (dextrose)? And I was reading that about a cup of sugar per gallon will do ya, but would it be the same proportions with glucose?

Thanks for any insight!

Hey guys! I saw another post that mentioned this, but has anybody had success making kombucha wine?

I've got myself a big carboy, champagne yeasts, an air-lock, and all the fixin's and I'm about to jump in head first!

I guess my main question is, should I use sugar or glucose (dextrose)? And I was reading that about a cup of sugar per gallon will do ya, but would it be the same proportions with glucose?

Thanks for any insight!

I guess i am confused as to what your asking, Are you planning to use a Scoby and add champagne yeasts?

Are you planning to use a wine kit instead of tea and make it with a Scoby and champagne yeasts?

Are you planning to make tea using a scoby and champagne yeasts?

Do you realize that the Scoby has yeast in it already and doesn't need champagne yeasts?

Or are you aiming more for Alcohol than the acids made by a Scoby?

As far as sugar either one will work and 1 cup per gallon is what i read is the standard.

Latest posts

Back