Ispindel help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csnyder1000

Reaction score
Im in the process of building 10 iSpindels. I have them all built and flashes but I am having some issues.

4/10 I can get to go into config mode and look at them via 192.168.4.1
These 4 I tried to get to connect to my fermentrack on my Raspberry Pi, but after putting all the setting for my fermentrack in these 4 iSpindels and connecting them they are not sending any data, I have not calibrated these yet still waiting on the PET forms to come in so I can finish these, and the rest of them if I can get them to work.

5 will not go into config mode

1 will just keep blinking every .5s instead of 1s like it would in config mode.

I have tried.
~Re-flashing all the boards that wont go into config mode
~Fully charging the batteries, read that it might not go into config unless the battery is fully charged.
~Shorting out the reset pin a few times

None of that has worked, did i get 4 good D1 minis and 6 bad ones? I am using the D1 mini pros with the ceramic antenna because I ferment in a SS tank and was panning on using these to keep track of my kegerator temps and a few other fridges I have as well.

I have a few of the normal D1 minis on the way just incase, I also have 40 more boards I got from PCB way.

TIA

Have you tried to connect it to a serial logger and check what the issues are? The ispindle is really sensitive to any issues with components and will not start if everything is correct.

Back