Inkbird PID controller confusion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rh23

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking at the range of Inkbird PIDs and I am very confused.
I understand that the ITC-106 is not much different to the ITC-100, so I will keep it to the ITC-100

From the website:
https://www.ink-bird.com/products-PID-controller-itc100.html
ITC-100 series are digital PID Temperature Controllers including four models:
ITC-100VH --- One SSR output + One Relay Alarm Output; AC100-240V;
ITC-100VL --- One SSR output + One Relay Alarm Output; AC/DC12-24V;
ITC-100RH --- One Relay output + One Relay Alarm Output; AC100-240V;
ITC-100RL --- One Relay output + One Relay Alarm Output; AC/DC12-24V;

These are the specs for the two main models:
* ITC-100R (250V AC, 3A resistive load, ON/NC)
* ITC-100V (DC 12V, 30mA)

Could someone please put me out of my misery and explain in simple terms the difference between the models, particularly why you would use one model over another model in a certain application?

Thank you very much

Hi, I am looking at the range of Inkbird PIDs and I am very confused.
I understand that the ITC-106 is not much different to the ITC-100, so I will keep it to the ITC-100

From the website:
https://www.ink-bird.com/products-PID-controller-itc100.html
ITC-100 series are digital PID Temperature Controllers including four models:
ITC-100VH --- One SSR output + One Relay Alarm Output; AC100-240V;
ITC-100VL --- One SSR output + One Relay Alarm Output; AC/DC12-24V;
ITC-100RH --- One Relay output + One Relay Alarm Output; AC100-240V;
ITC-100RL --- One Relay output + One Relay Alarm Output; AC/DC12-24V;

These are the specs for the two main models:
* ITC-100R (250V AC, 3A resistive load, ON/NC)
* ITC-100V (DC 12V, 30mA)

Could someone please put me out of my misery and explain in simple terms the difference between the models, particularly why you would use one model over another model in a certain application?

Thank you very much
The difference is they are designed to drive different kinds of loads. The "V" models are for controlling SSR's triggered by low voltage DC. The "R" models are for controlling loads that require a mechanical switch. The "H" models have alarm relays that work with line voltage. The "L" models have alarm relays that work with low voltage (AC or DC.)

For brewing controllers, you normally want the "VH" model.

From Inkbird:
"What's the difference between ITC-100 and ITC-106? ITC 106 is our new PID controller, they have no much difference in function, the biggest difference is ITC-106 can display both Fahrenheit & Centigrade."
Brew on :mug:

The difference is they are designed to drive different kinds of loads. The "V" models are for controlling SSR's triggered by low voltage DC. The "R" models are for controlling loads that require a mechanical switch. The "H" models have alarm relays that work with line voltage. The "L" models have alarm relays that work with low voltage (AC or DC.)

For brewing controllers, you normally want the "VH" model.

From Inkbird:
"What's the difference between ITC-100 and ITC-106? ITC 106 is our new PID controller, they have no much difference in function, the biggest difference is ITC-106 can display both Fahrenheit & Centigrade."

Thank you very much that clears it up

Can anyone explain the difference between InkbirdITC-100VH + 40DA SSR Relay v Inkbird ITC-100VH + 25DA SSR Relay

The cost is almost the same so to be on the safe side is it better to go with the higher rated 40DA ?

Can anyone explain the difference between InkbirdITC-100VH + 40DA SSR Relay v Inkbird ITC-100VH + 25DA SSR Relay

The cost is almost the same so to be on the safe side is it better to go with the higher rated 40DA ?
Yes. The 40A rated SSR will have higher current rated power switching components than the 25A rated SSR. Since the low cost SSRs often use marginal components anyway, it's best to add some additional margin.

Yes. The 40A rated SSR will have higher current rated power switching components than the 25A rated SSR. Since the low cost SSRs often use marginal components anyway, it's best to add some additional margin.

Thank you for your quick reply

Back