how do I connect fitting on beer tower to longer beer lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron4osu

Reaction score
I just got a new beer tower and it came with 5' 3/16" lines. With my set up I've got long lines to deal with the higher pressure I like with my kombucha and hard seltzers. I want to find a way to connect the fittings that come with the tap to my longer beer lines once they are already inside the kegerator because my ball lock adapters will not fit through the top of the kegerator.... So I do not want to just buy longer lines for the tower.

So my question is what fitting do I connect this female adapter (sorry I do not what's it's called) to the longer 3/16" beer line (see image below). In the bottom picture I found a two sided male adapter/coupler that I'm guessing would connect to a another female adapter? or maybe there is a make adapter that connects tot eh email and has a 3/16" barb for the hose which would be ideal.

If you have any suggestions please also link to an example of the item or include a photo if possible. thanks

beer line.jpg

Fundamentally the optimal solution involves running new, one-piece lines and attach the end fittings as needed. Anything else will carry some degree of sub-optimal implementation. That means tossing the lines that came pre-attached to your new tower and starting over.

But, gun to my head forcing me along your chosen path, I'd go with a stainless steel barbed connector like this:
1619560091984.png

The thing you're not sure about is a standard threaded beer shank - those female connectors were for a Sanke coupler which used the same 5/8" BSSP threading as a tail piece for a beer shank. Problem is the other end of a standard shank is decided not what you want - you would need basically an "all thread" shank.

If you're determined to go that route you could use one of these Pass Through Beer Shank - 4.5 in. | MoreBeer

1619559682021.png

with one of these Tailpiece - 1/4 in. (Set) | MoreBeer

1619559706417.png

for each beer line. It's be a hella expensive and somewhat clunky way to go, however. Definitely not recommended.

Cheers!

Back