Hop Rod Rye

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
hey, you guys that can't get Hop Rod Rye go to their web page http://www.bearrepublic.com/ and you can order a gift basket w/ a 22 oz Hop Rod, 2 logo pint glasses, a t-shirt, and coasters. i asked them to add two more Hop Rod's, so we'll see. it's one way to get it!:D

i forgot to mention it also comes with a bottle tool.....

It's worth it! High rye and high hops. They have a nice Sunday Brunch buffet, if you're in the area.

dude, i'm stuck in the cancer capital of the US, no where near northern Cali. we can't even get Bear Republic brews. i figured, it's worth $42 dollars for a good brew and a T! right???? (i'm desperate aint I?)

i got an e-mail from Bear Republic and they're shipping my stuff. i'm assuming they can ship it because it's not only beer? who knows, but i'm just glad i can get it......

Hey DeRoux, how did you like the Racer 5 I sent you? I just tried mine and it was great. Big and hoppy, although when I poured it, there was the most head I've ever seen on a beer. I had left the bottle out on the counter for a few minutes before opening, and the combo of temp, glass, and stray cosmic rays caused the glass to fill with foam. It was like hop flavored meringue.:)

brewsmith said:
Hey DeRoux, how did you like the Racer 5 I sent you? I just tried mine and it was great. Big and hoppy, although when I poured it, there was the most head I've ever seen on a beer. I had left the bottle out on the counter for a few minutes before opening, and the combo of temp, glass, and stray cosmic rays caused the glass to fill with foam. It was like hop flavored meringue.:)

oh yea! :drunk: damn good IPA. it did have a nice head on it too. i'm still saving the Ruination (the only one left). maybe this weekend? i ordered a goody basket from Bear Republic, and it should be here today. i asked 'em to throw in a few more Hop Rod's for me????

I just tried my Hop Rod Rye and it is kick-@ss! I'm assuming that's not exactly the kind of review wanted for the new review section of the board, but I think that pretty much sums it up.:D

I would think if you gave them a call they could ship you a case of the stuff. We used to ship beer when I worked at Anderson Valley. I'm pretty sure it's all legal except maybe not to all states.

If you're ever in the area, try Moylan's IPA in Novato. It's right there with the Hop Rod.

Cheers :D

yea, i just gox 3 22 oz and a t and some pint glasses. he said just let 'em know and he'd ship what i wanted.

nice to see you stick your head in Janx! :~)

I should just take a weekend and hit Bear Republic, Anderson Valley, Mendocino, and a few others up there. The drive from LA to No. Cal isn't that bad. I sit in traffic every week for longer than that trip would be.

And don't miss North Coast in Fort Bragg. And since you're making the drive, you should come on up here and do Humboldt. Lost Coast, Eel River, Six Rivers, Mad River are all in Fort Bragg and have some great stuff among them. Especially Lost Coast.

BTW, the original AV brewery and pub is now closed though I understand they have a tasting room or somesuch at the brewery. It's weird to me to not have an actual pub, though.

Cheers :D

Back