• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania Hop Rhizomes: Fuggle, Golding, Mt. Hood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepystevenson

Reaction score
Spring is right around the corner - time to plant those hop rhizomes!

I have some really nice large hop rhizomes I just dug up yesterday while doing the annual spring hopyard maintenance. I have Fuggle, Golding, and Mt. Hood available. All are taken from well established crowns, grown using organic methods, in NW PA. These are not your standard rhizomes, as ordered from one of the big hop companies - they are MUCH larger and more robust, and will take off much faster. ( I know this, because that's where I originally bought mine - each of my X-LARGE rhizomes is many times bigger than the puny ones the commercial guys will send you.) The sizes / lengths of these things naturally vary, but I guarantee you will be happy with them. All the rhizomes are just starting to put out bine nubs now.

Price is $15 for one jumbo rhizome (or 2-3 of the smaller ones which are still much larger than commercial rhizomes) including UPS freight directly to your door, additional rhizomes are $10 each, buy 4 get one FREE! Paypal will be accepted. Mix and match varieties, your choice! I package the rhizomes properly: wrap them in wet paper towels then place in 2 Zip lock bags before boxing them. They will arrive ready to plant. I will also include a 5 page hop growing informational booklet.

I live about 60 miles north of Pittsburgh - in the Hermitage/Sharon area. My zip is 16159.

Feel free to contact me via email at campbejb(AT)yahoo(DOT)com to further discuss or via PM or reply on this thread. Let me know if you prefer 1 large or a couple smaller ones. Pics below are of my actual hopyard and rhizomes.

Here is a link to my last sale a few years back:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=232200
The price is a little more this year because the rhizomes are huge and UPS is included.

100_1893.JPG

100_1887.JPG

Rhizomes1Resize.jpg

Rhizomes2Resize.jpg

Back