Greetings from Trinidad and Tobago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.mcbrew

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am from the islands of Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean. There is not a lot of options for beer other than some imports from UK, Belgium and the US so I decided to brew my own.

I have been brewing on and off. Made some spectacular messes in the beginning with some kits but after reading How to Brew by David Palmer I slowly figured things out and I got through batches fairly easy.

My air valve blew out today while I was work and I was extremely worried about the batch. I sanitised the air lock and put it back in and it has been bubbling along nicely since. I came across this site while looking for someone with a similar issue. I found a discussion thread that said it should be ok. I was extremely relieved to hear that. Definitely going to get a blow off hose now for future batches.

Great to be here and I look forward the sharing and learning with the rest of the community.

Best regards,
Mr.mcbrew

Welcome to the community! I always love reading about people brewing in tropical parts of the world.

Hi All,

I am from the islands of Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean. There is not a lot of options for beer other than some imports from UK, Belgium and the US so I decided to brew my own.

I have been brewing on and off. Made some spectacular messes in the beginning with some kits but after reading How to Brew by David Palmer I slowly figured things out and I got through batches fairly easy.

My air valve blew out today while I was work and I was extremely worried about the batch. I sanitised the air lock and put it back in and it has been bubbling along nicely since. I came across this site while looking for someone with a similar issue. I found a discussion thread that said it should be ok. I was extremely relieved to hear that. Definitely going to get a blow off hose now for future batches.

Great to be here and I look forward the sharing and learning with the rest of the community.

Best regards,
Mr.mcbrew

Welcome welcome welcome! When I was in the Army I had the pleasure of hosting some of your boys up at Ft. Drum in NY. Not only could you train, and drink, but you made some epic impromptu music, all acapella and improv.
Anyways don't worry about the blow off. You cleaned and reseated the airlock and will be fine. An active brew is nearly (not completely but nearly) impervious to contamination. It has happened to many a brewer many a time with no ill effects besides the sticky clean up. Best of luck!

Are you still brewing there? May I ask where you get your supplies from? Was wondering how to get grain sent in and was hoping someone had solved that already?

Back