Fermentrack: Fermentation monitoring & BrewPi-www Replacement for Raspberry Pi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Thorak, do you know if theres a way to use ispindel without entering coefficients or going through guided calibration? In other words using the device as is and accepting its readings?
I could be mistaken, but back when I was building the iSpindel support I don't think that the message payload included a device-calibrated gravity. I'm working on rebuilding gravity support for Fermentrack 2 -- if it includes one now, I can definitely add that as an option.

I've been using Fermentrack on a RP3 with an Arduino UNO now for some 4 years and put down a lot of great brews, however the last 6 or 7 brews I have had the 'Cannot receiveLCD text fromController/Script" turn up once every ferment. Generally the ferment temperature stays at the last recorded temp but there has been occasions where the temperature has started to lower to the lowest set temperature on the ferment profile.

It's easily fixed to each current ferment by rebooting the RP3 but is a bit annoying, particularly when you are away from the unit for a day or so. I've check all the hardware and made sure all connections are good, still the problem exists.

The below shows the graphing from a Ferment from one of the brews that has the Fermentrack and an Ispindle (not attached to Fermentrack) plotted

View attachment 845409

Appreciate a direction to head with this. Thanks
Hey there - I apologize for the delayed response on this one -- we're in the process of moving, and due to a combination of poor timing and other life changes are having to effectively move four separate times over a month and a half. You happened to post this right as we were working through the first leg of the moves, but I'm hoping to have everything back to normal by late May.

Unfortunately, periodic "cannot receive LCD text" errors are what prompted the rewrite of the BrewPi-Script daemon early last year which is also what prompted the development of Fermentrack 2. I don't have a good solution for Legacy Fermentrack, but should have a solution for Fermentrack 2 to use Arduinos (and serial-connected devices) within the next few months. This is the feature I'm working on next after gravity support.

Back