Favorite Places to Dine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppyhoppyhippo

Reaction score
So I'm sure I'm hardly the only one here who enjoys going out and getting a good meal. What are some of your favorite places to dine out?

I'll go by category

FastFood - Probably popeyes, I'm not too big on pure fast food anymore, I will eat it but I prefer fast casual

Fast Casual - Five Guys. Will always win for me. Five Guys is not the cheapest lunch or dinner but it's always one of the most satisfying.

Cheaper but good eats - 10th Avenue Burrito, Belmar NJ

Nice but not too expensive - This is where I'm gonna go more local, there's a bar near me that's about 10-20 dollars an entree, good beer, good food. George St. Ale House. They get the nod for being close, but my favorite is a combination of that plus also stupid expensive since their sandwiches are 10-15 but they also have entrees which can run into the 30s and 40s. High Street Grill

I have too much money and want to blow it on food - This is rare for me as I'd rather burn money on drink than food. I have been to 2 places that stand out for different reasons. first is a Brazilian Steakhouse that I'm not gonna try attempting to type the name cause no good can come from that. They're nice cause you spend like 50 bucks on the food and just gorge yourself. My favorite was one of my bosses took me to this steakhouse in New Brunswick called Steakhouse 85. First off I was instructed to wear my suit and he told me if I did I coudl order whatever I want. And I did. I didn't kill him too bad, but I got a 114 oz dry aged Delmonico steak (could have gone porterhouse to break the bank but decided this was more than enough for me), and I got as well a side of scalloped potatoes, food bill wound up being 50 bucks so I didn't kill him too much but at his insistence we ran up a combined 400 dollar bar tab. He ordered everything mind you, I wasn't being a jerk, but before our food came we enjoyed a Macallan 25 each, then we had Johnny Walker Blue, Highland Park 18, Belvanie 21, and 3 draft beers a pop. Needless to say we both wound up calling our significant others to come and pick us up, sobered up and then went back to get our cars and paid like 15 bucks for parkign for over 6 hours or something like that.

For me when I eat fastfood I usually only go to TacoBell or Wendy's

FastCasual- There are a few places I like to go, Moe's, Momo's Pizza, Genghis Grill.

Living in a somewhat large college town has its advantages, cause if you go around long enough you can find some nice places to eat that have great food, which are usually not too crowded. We have a Monk's which has some pretty good burgers. We also have a place called Vertigo, which has really good burgers too. A place just opened up a few months ago called The Front Porch, and we just tried it. The food there is awesome. The chef is from Portugal, and is was the champion of the Food Network show "Chopped" in 2012.

I must say a five guys just opened in my area. After all the hype and raving I heard about the place I was really let down when I ate there

Fast food= Arbys, pricey, but good everytime. Wendys used to be my favorite, but since they screwed the pooch by switching fries, I don't eat there anymore.

Casual=Longhorn Steak house, Outback, or Texas Roadhouse. These three places are consistent, and Longhorn has some of the best ribs I've had ANYWHERE!

Formal-ish= Ruths Chris steakhouse. Kinda snooty looking atmosphere, but not really snooty at all, and some darn fine steaks.

For fast food I usually get Taco Bell or Wendy's.

For casual I like 5 guys or Austin BBQ in Wheaton, IL.

For formal dining I like St Charles place steak house in St. Charles, IL.

(Warning: Local Joints)

Cheap and quick? The Kebab Shop (awesome doner)

Pizza and beer? Blind Lady Alehouse

Date nite? The Linkery

In Vegas, blow all your cash on the most amazing 4 hour meal of your life? L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon. Do this. Go there now.

Back