Dirty Blonde Ale - Sour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwistedGray

El Jefe Brewing Company
Reaction score
Recipe Type
Extract
I have attached the recipe to this email. This is for a low ABV (3%), long aged sour base. You can add you concoctions later (ie: fruits and stuff).

It's very simple, easy-to-follow instructions, and if you have any questions I would be happy to help.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180221120833564_COVER.jpg

Attachments

• Dirty Blonde Sour.pdf
    277.3 KB · Views: 240
18 IBU seems pretty high for something destined for a culture with lactobacillus. Melange also already has two saccharomyces in it, so I am curious as to why the English Ale yeast.

18 IBU seems pretty high for something destined for a culture with lactobacillus. Melange also already has two saccharomyces in it, so I am curious as to why the English Ale yeast.

The original recipe that this recipe derives from was for a Blonde Ale which called for WLP002, so I just ran with that as-is rather than change anything.

I also have some sitting in a one gallon whiskey barrel, so I pulled some to see how the flavors were...it's crazy complex! Another 3-4 days and back into the carboy for more aging :)

Forced carb on a sodastream.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180309150604247_COVER.jpg

Back