Bottle filler parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodv

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for som parts for my bottle filler project, and was wondering if anyone here knows where I can get it.
I'm looking for a rubber/silicone bung or something that makes an air tight seal around the bottle neck when I fill.
It is offcource a counterpressure bottle filler I'm making.
I have noe tube of bung that goes into the bottle, but it is such a tight fit that the bottle follows the filler back up when I lift it.
The thing I need must therefor make a tight seal, but not get stuck to or in the bottle.... Can anyone please help me.

What if you use one of those gaskets for an airlock hole on a bucket lid? I wonder if that would seal if you crammed one on your bottling wand. Otherwise, they make bungs meant for 12oz bottles that would likely work.

I use one of these, upside down. Works great for a "BierMuncher / We no need no stinking beer gun" type filler. YMMV.

bung.PNG
Universal Carboy Bung Drilled

Back