Beer and men of the church

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparge

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I received a call from my pastor today. His old church is now doing "Pints and Prayers" where one member hosts a gathering of men at the church who like beer. He asked me to host our first gathering. It will probably be around 30 or so men and maybe few women who like beer. I'll have four or so beers on tap and the church will provide food.

I'm looking for a cool name but am not coming up with much. I don't want to copy Pints and Prayers, but want to link church and beer. If it makes any difference, we are Presbyterian and there are several members who brew.

I thought this forum would be the best to get ideas for a name. I was thinking fermentation and confirmation but that might make the confirmation teachers upset (since the confirmands are in middle school). Don't want to encourage underage drinking with the name.

My farm is named Nekkid Acres, if that gives any ideas. I name it that because we are so secluded that I do mow my grass in the buff sometimes. Yea, I'm not your average Bible thumper. So, I'd prefer a more generic name for the gathering. However, if we play off Nekkid Acres, it won't play if someone else hosts the event.

So, great brain trust - What do you have? Give me some ideas.

40 days and 40 pints

In the name of the grain, hops, yeast and water

God's other holy water

Baptized with beer.

That's all I got for right now. I am not very familiar with the Presbyterian Religion, so I apologize is any of these would be outside your beliefs.

I’ve seen church groups meeting at pubs and calling it “Theology on Tap”. If you’re serving from kegs, it would be appropriate. I could imagine the word “theology” making it sound like an academic presentation though if you’re trying to keep it more informal.

Brews and Bible?
The Good Book, and the Better Beer?
Sip and Pray?
I'm a Lutheran, and for the past 2 years I've sponsored a 'Junetoberfest' at our church after a service- Brats and Beer. Last year I had 19 different varieties of homebrewed beer. The council asked me about this year....
Good luck!

I’ve seen church groups meeting at pubs and calling it “Theology on Tap”. If you’re serving from kegs, it would be appropriate. I could imagine the word “theology” making it sound like an academic presentation though if you’re trying to keep it more informal.

We have something similar. My church has a men’s group that meets once a month at a local micro and the group is simply called, “Flatirons on Tap”

(Flatirons is the church name)

My $0.02 is to keep it short and simple what ever you decide.

The passion of flights
Presbrewtarians
Malt in the manger....that one isn’t so good....

Malting in the Manse...manse is an old name for the house the congregation would provide for the Presbyterian ministers would live...yeah that's all I got.

For Catholics....May the Hops Be With you. (stupid side note...raised Catholic, when they say May the Force Be with you in the Star Wars films, my response is always And Also With You)

Nekkid Angel Ale...

Heavenly Hopped Ale...

Pastor Pale Ale (Passed Her? She never caught up!)

Holy Ghost Gose...

Deacon's Best...

Holy Schlitz...

Jesus, This Is Good...

Holy Water...

Sunday Morning Already? Ale...

Miracle Ale (Turn Beer Into Urine)...

Let's not forget St, Fuad....(STFU And Drink)...

Last edited:
I would love to help you but.....I"m Baptist. In fact.......hah......well

....I don't even drink.....not sure how I got to this forum??

Latest posts

Back