anybody like ghost pepper?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramjam

Hopfen und Malz Gott erhalts
Reaction score
this year i wanted to grow something unusual, so i started about three ghost pepper plants, cut one up tonight to sauté with some onion for some burgers, tried a nibble of the pepper it was almost unbearable hot, i decided to go ahead and cook with them anyway and the outcome was a nice spicy topping for the burgers, nothing too spicy at all just an awesome topping, what do you guys think about ghost chili?

I grow ghost peppers and Carolina Reapers. Those things are terrifyingly hot. I take one pepper, slice in half, remove the seeds. I put one or both halves on a little wooden skewer and set it in the chili while it cooks. I want to make damn sure I remove those before serving (don't want to bite into one). I don't enjoy melt-your-face heat in anything, but this small amount adds just enough heat and the flavor of the pepper really shines.

I only use a few of the peppers myself--a little goes a long way. I bag up the rest and give them to a nearby brewery where they use them in some of their beers.

Habinero, Ghost, Carolina Reapers, etc., are too hot for me.

Jalapeno's burn me enough. Even a small 1/4 inch (square) piece can burn my mouth for 20 minutes. If it's too hot I can't taste anything afterward, just feel pain. But I still I grow them every year.

I de-seed and de-vein them before slicing then I dehydrate them. The red ones get really sweet when dehydrated.

Whatever's left over at the end of the growing season gets dehydrated and ground up for chili.

I grew some other "pepper" in the garden this year, but I forget what they are. Probably a (relatively) hot one because it's all I eat.

I can't stand peppers that taste green, like bell peppers.

Last edited:
You mean these?
M4h37LK.jpg

ryyRoIH.jpg

FwLChcu.jpg

I think mine was a great $2 investment.

Back